Improving your English skills is an incredible way to improve your ability to be an effective leader in your organization.
Here are my top 5 reasons why:
1. Clear concise messages lead to less miscommunication.
2. Words are powerful. They can inspire or undermine. Which words are you choosing?
3. Using the wrong words or words with your employees or coworkers can lead to the wrong action or actions.
4. Better English skills includes improving listening comprehension. Powerful leaders listen deeply to their colleagues and employees so they understand their point of view.
5. Better English skills means better reading skills. learning how to read in between the lines” makes you a more prepared and aware leader.
What reasons can you add? How might improving your English improve your impact as a leader?